Digiscoping
Help,
Advice & Lessons for All!

Digiscoping Forum

Forum Home > Digiscoping Equipment > Celesteron Ultima80/Nikon

birdiehaynes

I have owned a Celesteron Ultima 80 for a couple of years.  I was just given a Nikon D5100 with a Nikon DX AF-S Nikkor 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6G lens.  I would like to digiscope with these.  I think I can attatch either just the camera body or the lens attached to the body to my spotting scope.  I have gotten mixed answers as to what items I need to do this.  Can you tell me what adaptors/rings I need?  I will be doing nighttime sky and birding with it mostly.  Any help would be appreciated. 

June 2, 2016 at 11:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dannys Digiscoping
Site Owner

HI,

Thanks for your post!

you have 2 choices. Both involve the T thread UNDERNEATH the EYECUP rubber on your eyepiece. Just gently pull it off to reveal the T thread.

Now, you can connect using your lens and a stepping ring to the eyepiece, or you can take the lens off the camera and connect your camera body to the eyepiece using a Nikin T2 adapter

Contact my friend Barry as he uses a Nikon/Celestron combo barry008@talktalk.net

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Danny

--
June 6, 2016 at 4:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kevin Hatley

I have a Celestron M2 Regal 80 ED scope and my camera is a Nikon D7200. Are they compatible for digiscoping. Thanks.

--

Kev Hatley

October 14, 2016 at 11:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.