Digiscoping
Help,
Advice & Lessons for All!

Digiscoping Forum

Forum Home > Digiscoping Equipment > NIKON CAMERA NO LENS ATTACHED

bazza

HELLO ONE AND ALL GOOD NEWS

I HAVE FOUND THAT WITH NIKON CAMERAS YOU CAN STILL DIGISCOPE WITHOUT HAVEING TO HAVE A LENS ATTACHED TO THE TELSCOPE.

ATTACH YOUR T MOUNT TO THE CAMERA BODY THEN ATTACH THIS TO THE THREADS ON THE END OF YOUR EYEPIECE THEN PUT THE CAMERA ON (M) manual mode

you will then be able to start taken photos but in manual mode you have to set the shutter speed your self, i found that f 1/50 - f1/80 worked ok but this depends on the amount of light you will have to change it up and down to compensate for the light  

also i found it hard work try to find the subject in the field of view so with this and getting the right shutter speed it will take a lot of practise  

i pefur to use a lens attached via a stepping ring to the scope its much more quicker when out in the field but if the subject you are trying to capture is still for a long time then maybe its worth not useing the lens the image will be a lot more clearer and sharper

hope this is of help to you all any thing i can help you with please do contact me at barry008@talktalk.net i have my own digiscoping website www.mydigiscopingphotos.webs.com  

April 27, 2011 at 12:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.