Digiscoping
Help,
Advice & Lessons for All!

Digiscoping Forum

Forum Home > Digiscoping Equipment > Stay On Case

paggers

Can anyone help me to find a stay on case for the Celestron Ultima 100 scope? The soft case provided is not up to the job and cases are not listed as an optional accessory on Celestrons web page. Are there any other manufacturers cases that will fit my scope? Cheers, Paggers.

--

June 3, 2011 at 6:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dannys Digiscoping
Site Owner

Hi Paggers,

Good to meet you. I agree, Celestrons stay on cases are pretty useless!!

As for an alternative, you can only really hope that there is a universal one out there somewhere, as the 100mm scopes are almost unique as most scopes are 65-80mm. Also the Ultima 100's are quite lengthy so this may pose a problem.

One place that you could try is www.hama.co.uk

I believe they import Celestron good into the UK, and they may have some ideas as to non genuine accessories.

Failing that, there is every chance of finding one by emailing Celestron directly.

Sorry I cant be more helpful,

Good luck.

Danny.

P.S What camera set up are you using on your scope?

--
June 3, 2011 at 11:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

paggers

Hi Danny, Thanks for your reply. I'll look into Hama and also contact Celestron directly.  I have just contacted Celestron about a Tripod Balancing Plate which is shown in their Ultima 100 instruction manual which can be bought as an optional accesory... but can I find it on their site or any other......nope!

My set up will be my Celestron Ultima 100, Canon 30D Dslr, and a Velbon DV 7000 Video Tripod, camera attached via a T mount along with an elecronic cable release plus ,when I find one, a tripod balancing plate for stability. I think that should do it , but any suggestions for improvement would be gratefully received.

Thanks for a fantastic site Barry I will be a regular user and hopefully I will gain a lot of knowledge from the site and other members to be able to produce some wonderful bird images. Cheers Paggers.

--

June 4, 2011 at 3:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dannys Digiscoping
Site Owner

I'm so glad you like the site, and please keep in touch.

It sounds like you have got a good set up there, and I'll be keen to see the pictures!!

Did you buy your ultima 100 brand new? If you did then Celestron give you a balance rail with the 100mm version.

A balance rail will help for sure as the 100mm scope is quite large.

It does sound that balance rail aside, that you are ready to scope, and I wish you well!!

I'll keep an eye out for a rail as well for you.

Danny

--
June 4, 2011 at 5:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

paggers

Hi Danny, just an update regarding a replacement case for the one provided with the Celestron 100 scope. I found a company that sells a stay on case for 100mm objective lens and have a maximum body length of 550mm. This is a universal KRUGMANN  case and fits either straight  or angled scopes. Colour is green and is fully waterproof, it also has a carrying strap too. The price is a reasonable £44.99 and along with the £5.00 p&p rounds it off nicely to £50.00. Delivery is very quick ,I received mine within three days of ordering.

The case and other accessories can be found at  www.dobinoculars.co.uk

Hope this helps anyone looking for an oversized stay on  case. Paggers.

Also Danny my scope was purchased new and your quite right in saying that the Tripod Balancing Plate is provided, I had no idea, Doh!!

--

June 10, 2011 at 5:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dannys Digiscoping
Site Owner

Well done mate!!

Thanks for the info as well. I'm sure many will find this useful!

Glad you found your balance rail as well!! ;)

I wanna see some pictures now!!

Best wishes,

Danny.

--
June 10, 2011 at 11:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.