Digiscoping
Help,
Advice & Lessons for All!

Digiscoping Forum

Forum Home > Digiscoping Equipment > Sticky: LCD screen hood/shade with magnifier

Dannys Digiscoping
Site Owner

Hello all,

I'm sure any of you that digiscope with a compact camera  will have encountered glare on the lcd screen...yes..then read on!!

I found THIS handy website. The screen I purchased fitted easily onto the back of my Coolpix P5100 via 2 magnetic strips. It is easily removable and easy to use. Simply open the hood and it all springs into place. The magnifying screen then slides out and down over the screen should you choose to use it. Otherwise it slides up and out of the way!

Hopefully there are plenty and one the right size for your cameras lcd.

Best wishes,

Danny.

--
February 3, 2012 at 4:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBirdGarden

I have just ordered myself one, its the only hood I could find that shades the screen in a box! Most only have an upper shade which as you can tell by just putting your hand above the lcd screen does not work! I will be looking forward to trying this product

--

August 29, 2012 at 7:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bennerley

Just a quick Q - how does one measure a LCD screen ? If I measure from corner to corner like a TV its 3" is that correct ?

--

Dave J.

September 26, 2012 at 6:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dannys Digiscoping
Site Owner

Yes, measure across the diagonal from top right to bottom left for example!

Regards,

Danny

--
September 26, 2012 at 11:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bennerley

Thanks Danny, I think I've seen an optical devise that does a similar job.

--

Dave J.

September 28, 2012 at 6:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBirdGarden

You can also look at the Manufacturers specs online, they will usually tell you the size of the lcd screen as it is a selling point for cameras.

--

October 8, 2012 at 4:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.