Digiscoping
Help,
Advice & Lessons for All!

Digiscoping Forum

Forum Home > Digiscoping Equipment > Sticky: Jackar Universal Adapter

Dannys Digiscoping
Site Owner

Hello all, I recently bought myself a Jackar Universal Adapter.

They are a clever idea that makes it possible for almost any compact camera to be able to attach to any filter or adapter with a 37mm threaded attachment.

Should your filters or digiscoping adapter not have a 37mm thread then stepping rings can be used e.g 37-42mm or any other combination.

The adapter mounts to the tripod mount on the bottom of your compact camera. It is fairly adjustable, and I'm sure they will fit most compact cameras. . Make sure that the lens on your camera can extend freely into the adapter!

I found mine HERE. I'm pretty certain that all the adapters are the same, even though they advertise them for specific makes.

If you are unsure whether your camera and scope are able to be connected using this method then please get in touch and I'll try to help.

Good Luck

Danny.

--
February 3, 2012 at 4:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBirdGarden

I agree, this adapter has been one of the most useful pieces of equipment I have gotten my hands on.

The adapter will fit most digital cameras with common sense applied because it can be adjusted in quite a few ways. You can also get little lenses to attach to this when you are not digiscoping, such as a wide angle, fish eye and macro which can be seen here with some fairly decent results.

--

August 10, 2012 at 12:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.