Digiscoping
Help,
Advice & Lessons for All!

Digiscoping Forum

Forum Home > Digiscoping Equipment > New to all this

Oliver L

Hi i've got a lumix g2 and was wondering if someone could give me some sort of list telling me what kit i need. dont want to be spending loads but i dont want to end up with rubbish kit either. dont really know where to look to buy either. please someone help i really want to get into digiscoping.

Thanks

Ollie  

October 17, 2012 at 4:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dannys Digiscoping
Site Owner

Hi Ollie,

Thanks for your post. I need a little more info first please!

What lens will you be using wit h your G2 please?

Also, did you have any idea of the kind of money that you want to spend on a scope, tripod etc?

Many Thanks,

Danny.

--
October 18, 2012 at 3:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Oliver L

Hi im using a 14-42 micro four thirds lense and ive already got a tripod so not sure what other kit i'll need but if its just scope nothing more than £100

thanks

Ollie

October 30, 2012 at 4:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dannys Digiscoping
Site Owner

Hi Ollie,

Sorry for not replying sooner.

I'm fairly sure that the 14-42mm lens is no good for digiscoping as it sufferes from horrible vignetting. See THIS thread.

I believe that they do a 20mm pancake lens that will work much better I think. I saw a guy on Facebook using a GH2 and a pancake lens and he got some lovely results.

As for scopes if you limit yourself to £100 then you will only be able to get a very basic scope, but I guess thats best if you are just setting out.

The key question is connection really. For ease I'd go for a Celestron Ultima 80.

However, I'd be more concerned about your lens. It has to be right or your set up will never work properly no matter how much you spend on a scope.

Regards,

Danny.

--
October 31, 2012 at 12:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.