Digiscoping
Help,
Advice & Lessons for All!

Digiscoping Forum

Forum Home > Digiscoping Equipment > Help me please, purchased new scope and need advice

wickadel

Hi, First off I am new to this so please bare with me here. I just plunked down considerable money on a Celestron 100f ED spotting scope.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=617049&Q=&is=REG&A=details

I am looking for advice on how to hook my Canon T2i to this scope and be able to take decent photo's. I have done some shooting with a friends scope and my camera with some success, obvious learning curve. However his scope was much smaller and he had a t-adapter and another attachment that connected my camera to the scope using no lens on the camera and no eye piece on the scope. I used the scope focus knob to adjust the picture clarity.

The new scope from Celestron came with a small ring that screws onto the eye piece and then states I need the T-ring adapter. I purchased the Canon T-ring adapter from Celestron as well but it has not arrived yet.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/261256-REG/Celestron_93419_T_Mount_SLR_Camera_Adapter.html

I'm wondering if I can actually take photo's through the eye piece of the scope with a DSLR or if I actually need a different attachment piece? The directions with the scope are so vague and don't tell me anything except that I need a T-ring adapter. Any advice here will be much appreciated, the Bald Eagles are gathering my area and I would like to get some cool photo's of them. I opt'd to buy this scope over a new lens because I want to be able to use it for other things as well. I hope you can tell me I didn't waste my money, and lead me in the right direction to shooting some cool stuff. I have seen longer attachments that state they are for 1.25" telescope adapter, didn't know if I will need some thing like this? Again thank you for all your suggestions....

January 23, 2013 at 8:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dannys Digiscoping
Site Owner

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum!

Dont panic, your camera will attach to the adapter on your scopes eyepiece using the T2 mount when it arrives. You will then digiscope through the eyepiece of your scope without the need for a seperate adapter.

Celestron have always promoted astro photography as all their scopes are very easy to attach cameras too.

Once your T2 adapter arrives and you are connected we can then go through some ideas about using your camera.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Danny

--
January 24, 2013 at 2:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

wickadel

Thank you, i was reading all kinds of things about celestrons 2x power doubling lens and also posts that said I needed a diffferent style t adapter like the 1 1/4 universal adapter ect.  I kind of figured it would be much simpler than everything I was reading.  So the T adapter adapter ring should be here on Monday of next week first so I will let you know how it works and probably need some advice afterwards. 

Danny, thanks for replying to me email.

January 24, 2013 at 5:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dannys Digiscoping
Site Owner

That's no problem!

Good luck with your Digiscoping adventures, the forum is here if you need more help,

Regards,

Danny

--
January 25, 2013 at 2:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.