Digiscoping
Help,
Advice & Lessons for All!

Digiscoping Forum

Forum Home > Digiscoping Equipment > Fuji Finepix S2000HD and Nikon proStaff 20-60x82 Scope

trooper1954

Hello all,

I recently purchased the above noted Nikon spotting scope, and am wondering if there's an adapter that will combine these two pieces of hardware for digiscoping. I have tried to get infofrmation from Fuji, but they say that they don't make an adapter for this camera. Are there any adapters that I would be able to use? Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks

June 17, 2013 at 3:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dannys Digiscoping
Site Owner

Hi there, thanks for your question.

Unfortunately this camera will not be suitable to digiscope with. This is due to the extremely large zoom and that the lens really moves out a lot, meaning it is virtually impossible to affix behind an eyepiece.

Nikon do make a range of adapters for the pro staff range. You will need a special digiscoping (DS) eyepiece,and one of the fsb adapters. Check out Uttings on the web for the eyepiece, they had them on special recently. Also, try the fsb-8 adapter, you can then stick a coolpix p300 or p310 onto the adapter as the fsb-8 is a bespoke adapter for these cameras. Have a look at the pro staff review on my reviews section for a look at this set up!

I hope this helps a little :)

Regards,

Danny

--
June 17, 2013 at 5:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.