Digiscoping
Help,
Advice & Lessons for All!

Digiscoping Forum

Forum Home > Digiscoping Equipment > New kit

Bennerley

Hello all, Sorry its been a while but I lost the faith a little! I just wasn't happy with my particulr set up. Got out today to try a new camera for digiscoping but minus the ‘scope, I just wanted to familiarise myself with its use, it’s a poor man’s Nikon V2, the Nikon V1 S1, it has most of the features of the more expensive V2, aperture, shutter and manual modes, plus its very fast ! And it shoots in raw, all the features needed for digiscoping and it take a damn fine picture ! This model is missing a view finder [V2 has one] which would have been useful, but apart from that so far so good.

I see when the camera is attached to the 'scope via a T-mount controls and features are limited, shooting in manual and focusing the 'scope I already know but I could do with some tips on method and settings. Im using an Opticron ES 80 GA ED/45 'scope and a 20x60 SDL Eyepiece.

I am also waiting for a bit of kit to attach the camera to the 'scope via the cameras lens filter thread, so far I've tried this using the opticron uni-adapter and although results are quite pleasing I find this of adaptor too cumbersome. Digi-on!  Dave

--

Dave J.

September 1, 2013 at 6:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dannys Digiscoping
Site Owner

Hi Dave,

What adapter are you planning to use mate?

Glad you're back on the digiscoping horse.

Patience is KEY for you now!!

Best wishes,

Danny

--
September 1, 2013 at 4:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bennerley

Hi Danny, Im using the opticron Photo adapter 41114 with a t-mount for v1, it works fairly well but my back garden doe'snt actually need a 'scope, not big enough! thats for the 20x60 zoom, for the 23x I'm using the Opticron universal adapter with a Nikor 11-27.5 on the camera, this method has more control and achoice of lens's I can use the Nikor  30-110 as well, but i need to work with a step ring , which I'm waiting for and the 50065 DCC adapter which I already have. Cheers Dave.

--

Dave J.

September 2, 2013 at 10:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dannys Digiscoping
Site Owner
Do you have the 10-30mm lens with your V1? If you have you could attach it to your 41114 using a T2 stepping ring. You'll just need the diameter of your lenses filter thread. You can buy a T2 stepper from jack the hat photographic. It should all work as the 10-30 lens focuses internally so you can use the autofocus on the camera as well! Let me know!! Danny.
--
September 2, 2013 at 11:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bennerley

No I don't Danny, when I bought the camera I got the kit bundle for adaptability, a decent "walking about camera"   but I will get one as soon as I can afford it !

--

Dave J.

September 2, 2013 at 11:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dannys Digiscoping
Site Owner

What lenses do you have Dave?

--
September 2, 2013 at 12:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.